Privacy and Data Protection Foundation
Training available in 3 learning modes
Wherever personal data is collected, stored, used, and finally deleted or destroyed, privacy concerns arise. With the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the Council of the European Union attempts to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). This regulation affects every organization that processes EU personal data. PDPF covers the main subjects related to the GDPR.
Privacy and Data Protection Foundation (PDPF) is a certification that validates a professional’s knowledge about organizing the protection of personal data, the EU rules and regulations regarding data protection.
This basic training focuses on:
- Privacy fundamentals & regulation
- Organizing data protection
- Practice of data protection
All employees who need to have an understanding of data protection and European legal requirements as defined in the GDPR. More specific the following roles could be interested: Data Protection Officer, Privacy Officer, Legal Officer / Compliance Officer, Security Officer, Business Continuity Manager.
The Privacy & Data Protection Foundation certification tests candidates at Bloom Level 1 and Level 2 according to Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy:
- Bloom Level 1: Remembering – relies on recall of information. Candidates will need to absorb, remember, recognize and recall. This is the building block of learning before candidates can move on to higher levels.
- Bloom Level 2: Understanding – a step beyond remembering. Understanding shows that candidates comprehend what is presented and can evaluate how the learning material may be applied in their own environment. This type of questions aims to demonstrate that the candidate is able to organize, compare, interpret and choose the correct description of facts and ideas.
Contact hours (face to face learning)
The recommended number of contact hours for this training course is 15. This includes exam preparation and short breaks. This number of hours does not include homework, logistics for exam preparation and lunch breaks.
Indication study effort
60 hours, depending on existing knowledge.
This training does not require any prerequisites.